The 2023 AMOS Conference was an in-person event with virtual attendance options.
The AMOS Conference kicks off with a number of Technical Short Courses in various SSA-related disciplines, preceding three days of plenary programming. Each day of the plenary program opens with a Keynote Address and SSA Policy Forum discussion followed by Technical Presentations covering a range of broad topical areas relating to Space Situational/Domain Awareness. Invited Talks and Featured Presentations are incorporated throughout the multi-day program, with poster sessions and networking opportunities culminating the AMOS Conference experience.
2023 Program at a Glance
The three-day plenary program will be livestreamed in its entirety to the virtual conference platform, with on-demand playback available in 24-48 hours. Posters will be available in digital format this year and are accompanied by on-demand presentation videos. A select number of posters will be invited for in-person presentation during the evening poster sessions.
All registered attendees will be encouraged to visit the Virtual Poster Hall to review materials and interact with sponsors and poster presenters.
SUN Sep 17 – TUE Sep 19
MON Sep 18
TUE Sep 19
WED Sep 20
Conference Opening & Cultural Invocation
Opening Keynote Address | General B. Chance Saltzman, Chief of Space Operations, United States Space Force
SSA Policy Forum | Evolution of the Commercial SSA Data Market
Featured Presentation | Dr. Lindsay Millard | Empowering Defense Space Technology Investment
– Machine Learning for SDA | Co-chaired by Weston Faber, L3Harris, and Justin Fletcher, USSF SSC/SZG | Sponsored by Anduril
– Space Debris | Co-chaired by James Blake, University of Warwick, and Heather Cowardin, NASA | Sponsored by NorthStar Earth & Space
Joint Invited Talk | Colonel Joseph Roth and Colonel Jeremy Raley | How AI/ML Can Support SDA
– Atmospherics/Space Weather | Co-chaired by Mary Ellen Craddock, Northrop Grumman, and Shaylah Mutschler, Space Environment Technologies
– Cislunar SDA | Co-chaired by Mark Bolden, Trusted Space, Inc., and C. Channing Chow II, Cloudstone Innovations | Sponsored by ExoAnalytic Solutions
Poster Session | Poster Lightning Pitches | Sponsored by SAIC
+ Exhibit and Networking Reception
Women & Allies in Space Domain Awareness
THU Sep 21
Virtual Keynote Address | Diane Howard, Director, Commercial Space Policy, National Space Council
SSA Policy Forum |U.S. Progress on Civil SSA and STM
– Conjunction/RPO | Co-chaired by Lauri Newman, NASA, and Matthew Hejduk, The Aerospace Corporation
– Astrodynamics | Co-chaired by Aaron Rosengren, University of California San Diego, and Paul Schumacher, AFRL (Ret.)
Invited Talk | Colonel Raj Agrawal | Space Battle Management: Translating SDA into Military Options
– SDA Systems & Instrumentation | Co-chaired by Michael Hart, HartSCI LLC, and Michael Nayak, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency | Sponsored by LinQuest
– Satellite Characterization | Co-chaired by Jeff Houchard, EO Solutions, and Tamara Payne, Altamira Technologies Corporation | Sponsored by LeoLabs
Poster Session | Poster Lightning Pitches | Sponsored by Northrop Grumman
+ Exhibit and Networking Reception
FRI Sep 22
SSA Policy Forum | Moving from Industry Best Practices to Space Traffic Management Rules
Student Space Exploration Day
– Space Domain Awareness | Co-chaired by Jerry Krassner, OSD/R&E, and Brian Young, KBR
Invited Talk | Dr. Kelly D. Hammett | Space RCO and Dynamic Space Operations
– Space Domain Awareness (cont’d)
– Space-Based Assets | Co-chaired by Melrose Brown, UNSW Canberra Space, and Andrew Nicholas, Naval Research Laboratory | Sponsored by RTX
Feature Presentation |EMER-GEN® Outcomes
Conference Closing & Awards Ceremony
Pau Hana Reception | Co-sponsored by L3Harris
EXHIBITION & POSTER VENUE
The exhibit venue is open throughout the conference serving as a locus for side discussions and pop-up meetings. The poster session on Wednesday and Thursday evenings is an opportunity for a select number of authors to present their work and have in-depth discussions with conference participants during a dedicated session. Poster display boards are arranged together with industry exhibits in a convivial setting with light refreshments to encourage interaction with the poster authors.
VIRTUAL POSTER HALL
All posters are available in digital format this year and are accompanied by brief on-demand presentation videos in the virtual conference platform’s Poster Hall. Interact with poster presenters on discussion boards and via video chat during optional Office Hours.