Key Dates for 2023
Call for Papers will launch this week. Please sign up for e-news if yet to do so to receive updates.
The 2023 AMOS Conference is being planned as an in-person event with virtual attendance options. All presenters must present in-person. Select poster presentations may be assigned pre-recorded virtual presentation only in order to accommodate a greater technical body of work for the SSA/SDA community.
Call for Papers and Short Course Proposals
Abstract and Short Course Proposal Deadline
Week of May 1
Notification of Author & Instructor Acceptance
Authors and Instructors will be notified via email of their acceptance status the week of May 1, 2023.
Accepted authors consent to the following requirements:
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to present if accepted. A primary author may submit a maximum of two abstracts. There is no limit to the number of times an author may be credited as a co-author. For presenting authors with two accepted abstracts, a co-author must present one of the papers and be approved by the Conference Organizing Committee in advance.
- Submission of a final Technical Paper and Copyright Agreement prior to the August 31 Deadline*. All presenters (poster and oral) must submit a complete technical paper using the required template. No paper and clearance means no poster or podium presentation.
- The Designated Presenter must be the author or co-author and must be registered to attend the conference by August 11 regardless of virtual or in-person acceptance. Oral presenters and poster presenters invited for in-person presentation must attend and present in-person. Virtual poster presenters may opt to register for in-person or online attendance.
- Only one presenter is allowed per abstract/paper. A substitute presenter must be a co-author and approved by the Conference Organizing Committee in advance.
- Should an oral presenter’s or in-person poster presenter’s ability to present in-person change, the Conference Organizing Committee must be notified immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Publication of Abstract in the AMOS Conference platform and website. If it is a requirement in your organization, abstract should be cleared for public release prior to submission.
- Publication of Technical Paper in the AMOS Conference Proceedings. It is recommended that submissions requiring public release approval allow a minimum of 60-90 days for clearance. Authors are required to warrant to MEDB (the Conference Organizers) in advance of publication of the Proceedings that all necessary permissions and clearances have been obtained, and that submitting authors are authorized to transfer copyright of the paper to MEDB for publication in the Proceedings. If a presentation is not made by an author at the conference, then the technical paper shall be omitted from published proceedings.
- Oral presenters must submit final presentation files for Session Chair review by September 12.
- All poster presenters regardless of in-person or virtual acceptance must submit a 3-minute pre-recorded video presentation and digital poster by August 31.
- Failure to meet deadlines and requirements will jeopardize future acceptance. The Conference Committee reserves the right to cancel or re-allocate a presentation.
*Students wishing to apply for the student award must submit their completed manuscript and co-author statement by June 23, 2023.
Author & Instructor Acceptance Deadline
Authors & Instructors must confirm their participation by clicking the Acceptance Link in the email invitation and completing the acknowledgement form. To ensure receipt of author/presenter communications, please add email@example.com to your Safe List.
Student Award Technical Paper Deadline
Students wishing to apply for this award must submit their completed manuscript utilizing the required paper template by June 23, 2023. Late submissions will not be considered for the award.
Student Award Co-Author Statement Deadline
A student must be first author and primary researcher for a paper to be considered for the Best Student Paper Award. There is a maximum of three authors for papers to be considered for the Student Award. In the case where the student is not the sole author, a single representative of the co-authors, ideally the student’s advisor, is required to provide a letter prior to the Student Award Deadline as part of the paper submission. This letter shall confirm that the submitting student was the primary researcher and author of the work, including analysis, writing, revising, generating artwork/charts, etc. Letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any student papers without a corresponding letter will not be considered for the award.
Last Day to Update Abstracts
The abstracts of both oral and poster papers are published in the same manner in the conference materials. Minor revisions to your accepted abstract must be completed no later than August 11. Please ensure your abstract title, content, and author listings are up to date as this information is used in conference virtual platform and app.
Presenter Registration, Photo and Bio Deadline
All presenters must confirm participation by registering to attend the Conference by August 11 regardless of in-person or virtual acceptance.
A photo headshot can be uploaded by logging into the abstract submission system and clicking Update Profile in the top menu. Bios and headshots will be displayed in the online Conference platform. Your contact information will not be visible. Co-authors will need to access their individual accounts if they wish to include a headshot and bio.
Technical Paper & Copyright Agreement Deadline
All oral and poster presenters are required to submit a technical paper utilizing the required template and a signed copyright agreement indicating that your presentation and manuscript have been cleared for public release. Technical papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings and on the conference website’s papers library. Please note the typical page range of submitted technical papers is 10-15 pages. Do not exceed 20 pages and omit page numbers. No paper and clearance means no poster or podium presentation.
To qualify for the AMOS Best Paper Award, authors must upload their technical papers and copyright agreements to the submission system by the August 31 Technical Paper and Copyright Deadline. Late submissions will not be considered.
Poster Presenters: Digital Poster & Presentation Video
All Poster Presenters, regardless of in-person or virtual acceptance, are required to upload a digital poster and an accompanying 3-minute video presentation for inclusion in the virtual platform and conference app.
Oral Presenters: Presentation File Deadline
Oral Presenters are required to submit their PPT or PDF presentation file by September 12 for Session Chair review. The Conference Committee reserves the right to cancel or re-allocate a presentation if not received by the deadline.