Call for Papers and Short Course Proposals
Abstract and Short Course Proposal Deadline
Week of May 3
Notification of Author Acceptance
Authors will be notified via email of their acceptance status the week of May 3, 2021.
While it is preferred that presenters attend the conference in-person, we understand that travel may not be feasible for all participants due to the continuing pandemic. In order to accommodate presenters and attendees who are unable to join us at the conference venue, we are requiring all oral and poster presenters to upload pre-recorded video presentations for inclusion in the virtual platform.
Accepted authors consent to the following requirements:
- Submission of a final Technical Paper and Copyright Agreement prior to the August 31 Deadline*. All presenters (poster and oral) must submit a complete technical paper using the required template. No paper and clearance means no poster or podium presentation.
- Submission of final presentation file(s) and pre-recorded presentation video prior to the August 31 Deadline. The Conference Committee reserves the right to cancel a presentation if not submitted in advance. Pre-recorded presentation videos will be uploaded to the virtual conference platform for viewing by remote attendees.
- Participation in virtual Office Hours (times are self-selected) on the conference platform to field questions from attendees the week of the Conference.
- The Designated Presenter must be the author or co-author and be registered to attend the Conference by the Presenter Registration Deadline, regardless of in-person or virtual presentation. For individuals submitting more than one abstract, if both are accepted, a co-author must present one of the papers. Substitute presenters must be co-authors and be approved by the Conference Organizing Committee in advance. Only one presenter is allowed per abstract/paper.
- Publication of Abstract in the AMOS Conference platform and website. If it is a requirement in your organization, abstract should be cleared for public release prior to submission.
- Publication of Technical Paper in the AMOS Conference Proceedings. It is recommended that submissions requiring public release approval allow a minimum of 60-90 days for clearance. Authors are required to warrant to MEDB (the Conference Organizers) in advance of publication of the Proceedings that all necessary permissions and clearances have been obtained, and that submitting authors are authorized to transfer copyright of the paper to MEDB for publication in the Proceedings. If a presentation is not made by an author at the conference, then the technical paper shall be omitted from published proceedings.
*Students wishing to apply for the student award must submit their completed manuscript and co-author statement by June 25, 2021.
Author Acceptance Deadline
Authors must confirm their participation by clicking the Author Acceptance link in the email invitation and completing the acknowledgement form. To ensure receipt of author/presenter communications, please add email@example.com to your Safe List.
Notification of Short Course Acceptance
Instructors will be notified via email of their acceptance
status by June 1, 2021.
Student Award Technical Paper Deadline
Students wishing to apply for this award must submit their completed manuscript utilizing the required paper template by June 25, 2021. Late submissions will not be considered for the award.
Student Award Co-Author Statement Deadline
A student must be first author and primary researcher for a paper to be considered for the Best Student Paper Award. There is a maximum of three authors for papers to be considered for the student award in 2021. In the case where the student is not the sole author, a single representative of the co-authors, ideally the student’s advisor, is required to provide a letter prior to the Student Award Deadline as part of the paper submission. Any student papers without a corresponding letter will not be considered for the award. This letter shall confirm that the submitting student was the primary researcher and author of the work, including analysis, writing, revising, generating artwork/charts, etc. Letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Day to Update Abstracts
Abstracts will be published in the 2021 AMOS Conference online program. Final changes to your abstract must be completed no later than August 13.
Presenter Registration, Photo and Bio Deadline
All presenters must confirm participation by registering to attend the Conference by August 13, regardless of in-person or virtual presentation.
A photo headshot can be uploaded by logging into the abstract submission system and clicking Update Profile in the top menu. Bios and headshots will be displayed in the online Conference platform. Your contact information will not be visible.
Technical Paper & Copyright Agreement Deadline
All oral and poster presenters are required to submit a technical paper utilizing the required template and a signed copyright agreement indicating that your presentation and manuscript have been cleared for public release. Technical papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings and on the conference website’s papers library. No paper and clearance means no poster or podium presentation.
To qualify for the AMOS Best Paper Award, authors must upload their technical papers and copyright agreements to the submission system by the August 31 Technical Paper and Copyright Deadline. Late submissions will not be considered.
Presentation File(s), Digital Poster, and Pre-recorded Presentation Video Deadline
AMOS is proceeding as an in-person event with virtual components. All presenters are required to pre-record their presentations for inclusion in the virtual conference platform.
Presenters have the option to record their 12-minute (if oral) and 3-minute (if poster) presentations within our submission system or to upload an external video file of their presentation. Please review our presenter tips and recording instructions prior to recording your video. You may re-upload or re-record your video as many times as you need prior to the August 31 deadline.
Oral Presenters are required to submit their PPT or PDF presentation file and Poster Presenters their PDF or JPG digital poster by the August 31 deadline. Please see the Speaker Details for further formatting information.
Virtual Discussion Board and Office Hours
All presenters are required to access the virtual platform to answer attendee questions on their submission’s Discussion Board during the conference. Registered co-authors are welcome to assist with question fielding.
New this year, presenters may elect to schedule Office Hours to indicate specific times they are available to interact with attendees by video chat during the conference week. Times are self-selected. Further details are forthcoming.